Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas
We’re off to the races! For the first time, RumbleOn is attending MotoGP Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas! We are revved up to watch the only North American stop of the legendary motorcycle race because all riders know certain truths about motorcycles; fast bikes are awesome and faster bikes are even more AWESOME!
About the Circuit of the Americas
MotoGP Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas’ first race was held in 2013 at Circuit of the Americas. COTA features an F1, 3.41-mile track that is home to the only Formula 1 and MotoGP races in the country and has hosted various other motorcycle and car racing events, with the most recent being NASCAR. Some notable course features of the track are its 20 turns, the 251-foot observation tower, and the largest permanent outdoor amphitheater in Central Texas. With such an impressive list of events, it’s pretty obvious why COTA has become a destination for people from all over the world
When we did a deeper dive into the off-track events, we were seriously impressed and feel bad for anyone who isn’t going to be there. There’s A LOT going on during race weekend and paired with the fact that the space is HUGE, you should download the COTA app so have all your information in one place.
Places to visit inside COTA
As we said, there’s A LOT happening, so we’ll just name a few places inside that we are excited to visit.
- COTA Fan Zone (Support Paddock) The COTA Fan Zone in the Support Paddock is free to all guests will be a mainstay for visitors because the Fan Zone has and has bikes, displays, food, drinks, plus other fun activities.
- Demo Rides (Support Paddock) Test ride some new and seriously awesome bikes from top manufacturers, like Yamaha, KTM, Honda, Suzuki, and Aprilia.
- Red Bull Trial Riders (Grand Plaza) The pros on the track are going for speed, but the world-class Red Bull athletes will be ripping it on incredibly difficult terrain on their trail bikes.
- COTA Biergarten (Turn 2) It’s no secret that we love a good Biergarten, and this one is super cool. Have a drink and watch the race with views of riders on the well-known "Big Red" (turn 1) as they go into turn 2.
- COTALAND (Grand Plaza) If you are taking the kiddos to race weekend, or just want to see COTA from a Ferris wheel, this is the place for you.
- The Fan Zone (Grand Plaza) We'll be out in the Fan Zone with the Rumble Rally Girls getting this 3-day party started. We'll have the RumbleOn money machine, prizes at our instant win wall, and on-site cash offers for motorcycles.
Tickets and Seating
There are different ticket and seating options depending on the experience you are looking to have while at COTA, including suites, premium grandstand seating, bleacher seating, and one-day passes that start at $49. See all options here.
Parking at Circuit of the Americas
Parking at COTA can seem overwhelming, and the easy (and money-saving) option is to purchase your parking tickets ahead of time online when you buy your tickets. There is free motorcycle parking located in Lot H and first-come, cash-only Lots T and F for $20 each day.
Places to Visit Outside of Cota
Austin is well known for its diverse culture, food trucks, live music scene, and bats. Outside of the race, you’ll have no shortage of finding something to eat whether it’s at a restaurant or at one of the 1,500 food trucks around town. There’s no shortage of finding a cool spot on 6th Street with live music or a pop-up on Congress with local goods. The temperatures in Austin during race weekend are also great, so don’t forget to bring your swimsuit and swing by Barton Springs in Zilker Park. Another Austin claim-to-fame is the Congress Avenue Bridge bats, where you can watch over 1 million bats fly into the night at dusk.
There are countless other destinations and places to visit in Texas. Check them out!
Note: RumbleOn is an Amazon Affiliate, dedicated to reviewing the best and safest gear and more, for riders everywhere. We may receive commissions if products are purchased from them.Sell your motorcycle for cash - cash offer in minutes