Feb 15, 2020

FAQ: What Paperwork Do I Need to Sell My Motorcycle (Fast)?

RumbleOn Road Captain

In the grand scheme, selling motorcycles is the last thing you want to be doing in your spare time. Luckily, RumbleOn can turn a motorcycle for sale into quick and easy cash.  

“If I can’t sell my motorcycle at my convenience, then I just won’t sell it.”

Ever met someone with this mentality? Can’t say I blame them. Trying to sell my motorcycle fast was such an arduous process, I nearly rode it (and myself) off a cliff.

As busy as we are in our day-to-day lives, selling a bike is probably at the very bottom of the priority list. And when the task rears its ugly head once more, the last thing we want to do is spend precious free time filling out mounds of sale paperwork.

That’s where RumbleOn comes in.

What paperwork do I need to sell my motorcycle to RumbleOn?

In order to sell your motorcycle to RumbleOn, you need a government-issued ID handy, first and foremost. We also need proof of residence for wherever you plan to store the vehicle—a utility bill would be the best route if you’re storing at your personal residence—in addition to title or pay-off information if there’s a lien on the motorcycle.

Once you have those items, snap a few photos of the left and right side of your bike, as well as the odometer, and make sure your bike’s registered because we’ll need a photo of that in case you don’t have access to the title (which is usually the case if there’s a lien on your bike).

Is it safe to send my title to you? Why do you need it?

Absolutely. Utilizing online tools such as DocuSign, we take great care to ensure that any potentially compromising information you send to us by virtual means is stored in a secure environment.

As for why we need this information, the title is the first step towards changing ownership of the bike from you to RumbleOn. With the exception of the vehicle itself, the title is the next most important piece.

What if I don't have my title in-hand? How do I get it?

You will need to go to your local DMV and obtain a duplicate title. There’s no way around this step, folks, otherwise we can’t proceed and let you sell your motorcycle to us. So be sure to get there early, and you’ll be out in no time.

What if I still owe on the motorcycle?

Great question. If you still owe your lender but want to sell your motorcycle, and the amount you owe is less than your RumbleOn Cash Offer, we’ll pay off your owed amount and send you the equity. If you owe more than your RumbleOn Cash Offer, you will be required to pay us the difference.

What if the motorcycle for sale isn't in my name?

A trip to the local DMV is a must in this case; the vehicle must be in your name before we can purchase it from you. In some instances, you may have to pay a fee and/or tax to get the vehicle’s title in your name.

How do I send you my paperwork?

We will send you the paperwork via DocuSign, which is a web-based company that allows businesses and organizations to manage agreements electronically. Included in that DocuSign will be a FedEx label that you will use to send your signed title or power of attorney (which you will need in the event your bike has a lien).

What if I can't get all the paperwork to RumbleOn? Can I still sell my motorcycle?

Unfortunately, without all the required paperwork, RumbleOn will not be able to purchase the vehicle from you. On the flip side, you now have all the information you need to get the ball rolling on your best cash offer, so as soon as you get those documents together we’ll be back in business!

Note: RumbleOn is an Amazon Affiliate, dedicated to reviewing the best and safest gear and more, for riders everywhere. We may receive commissions if products are purchased from them.

Sell your motorcycle for cash - cash offer in minutes