Yamaha’s reputation for producing powerful off-road bikes lives on in the YZF450FX.
The year 2018 has ushered in some great off-roading rides, and the 2018 Yamaha YZ450FX is a total bullseye.
2018 has brought great things when it comes to off-roading , and the YZ450FX contributes to the list. This is a complete closed-course, off-race bike that punches a surprising amount of power in all the areas that matter.
Let’s get down and dirty with the details:
Intended to be ridden and raced in closed-course events, this four-stroke racing MXer has grit written all over it; but, it’s the bike’s power and efficiency that has many Yamaha lovers swooning. Equipped with a 2.0-gallon tank, the YZ450FX can easily take you on long course adventures, and the addition of a kickstand—a novelty in the world of dirt bikes—is a welcome attribute.
Source: Dirtbike Magazine YouTube
An 18-inch rear wheel provides much needed traction for various kinds of off-road terrain, and an electric starter is certainly a convenience (you’ll never have to worry about stalling again!). Featuring a smooth clutch and a wide five-speed transmission, adventure is always in the forecast with this bike in tow. The balancer is also more ergonomically sound, which means you can spend more time activating your inner pathfinder instead of your core.
Technologically speaking, Yamaha really honed in on the YZ450FX’s suspension and made significant updates to the engine design. Additionally, a minimalistic exterior makes this bike perfect for riders who are more interested in blazing trails than showing boats (if you catch my drift). It also features reverse fuel injection, a titanium, four-valve cylinder head, and KYB® suspension in the front and rear that completely devours bumps and other course anomalies.
Yamaha YZ450FX Specs
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 97.0mm x 60.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® fuel injection, 44mm
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Wide-ratio constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension, Front: KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; 12.2-in wheel travel
- Suspension, Rear: KYB® single shock; full adjustable; 12.5-in wheel travel
- Brakes, Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes, Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires, Front: 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
- Tires, Rear: 120/90-18 Dunlop® AT81
- Overall Length: 85.2 inches
- Overall Width: 32.5 inches
- Overall Height: 50.4 inches
- Seat Height: 38.0 inches
- Wheelbase: 57.7 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.3°
- Ground Clearance: 12.8 in
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal
- Wet Weight: 262 lb
Note: RumbleOn is an Amazon Affiliate, dedicated to reviewing the best and safest gear and more, for riders everywhere. We may receive commissions if products are purchased from them.Sell your motorcycle for cash - cash offer in minutes