A utility-style touring ATV, the 2017 Arctic Cat 550 TRV is a prime choice for outdoor enthusiasts and ranchers alike.
When Arctic Cat introduced touring ATVs, a.k.a. the Alterra lineup, the 4x4 ATV community was in for a real treat—the crème brûlée kind of treat. But then, Arctic Cat ATVs have a reputation for being some of the best four-wheelers on the market, so it should come as no surprise how coveted the brand’s 2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 quickly became.
Comfortable, sleek, and by all means capable, the 2017 Alterra TRV 550 is one helluva four-wheeled ride. Features like Variable Assist Electronic Power Steering (EPS) help this ATV quickly adapt to any kind of terrain, while its closed-loop electronic fuel injection (EFI) system produces unrelenting power and excellent fuel economy. Likewise, an electric-locking front differential ensures that maximum power is put into all wheels, boosting your forward propulsion, while hydraulic discs in the front and rear apply less pressure at the lever for optimal braking power.
Video Source: Arctic Cat
Locked and loaded with a full-length skid plate and cast aluminum wheels each wrapped with 25-inch Carlisle Trail Pro tires, the TRV 550 is fully optimized to meet riders’ performance needs both on and off the trails. Its liquid-cooled engine can tow up to 1,050 pounds, including whatever cargo you bring along after removing the passenger seat and accompanying backrest. And with 10 inches of suspension travel in both the front and rear, as well as 11 inches of ground clearance and a front bash plate, you’ll get from Point A to Point B with total confidence.
If you’re a true aesthete like I am, this Arctic Cat four-wheeler is a real show-stopper. Boasting a luxurious automotive-style paint job, the TRV 550 is available in either White Metallic or Black Metallic, and comes standard with vinyl seats, front and rear fender flares, and hand grips. Rest assured, this ATV will turn heads.
2017 Arctic Cat 550 Specs
- Engine Type: 545cc, 4-stroke, single-cylinder SOHC
- Cooling: Liquid / Air
- Valves per Cylinder: 4
- Bore x Stroke: 92.0mm x 82.0mm
- Carburetion Type: Fuel Injected
- Transmission Type: Continuously Variable (CVT)
- Primary Drive (Front Wheel): Shaft
- Primary Drive (Engine / Transmission): Belt
- Reverse: Yes
- Starter: Electric / Pull
- Front Tire: Carlisle Trail Pro 25 X 8-10
- Rear Tire: Carlisle Trail Pro 25 X 10-10
- Front Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
- Rear Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
- Front Suspension Type / Travel: Independent Double A-arm / 10 in.
- Rear Suspension Type / Travel: Independent Double A-arm / 10 in.
- Driveline Type: Selectable 4x2 / 4x4
- L x W x H: 7.59 ft. x 47.8 in. x 57.4 in.
- Wheelbase: 58 in.
- Ground Clearance: 11 in.
- Dry Weight: 725 lbs
- Fuel Capacity: 5.3 gal
- Number of Seats: 2
Note: RumbleOn is an Amazon Affiliate, dedicated to reviewing the best and safest gear and more, for riders everywhere. We may receive commissions if products are purchased from them.Sell your motorcycle for cash - cash offer in minutes