Review of the 2015 Arctic Cat Wildcat 4X Limited
Riding an Arctic quad is a bit like riding in Santa’s sleigh: it’s a magical experience off the beaten path, there’s whimsy at every turn, and passengers are jolly as can be. Yet, while the existence of this supposedly mythical vehicle is still under debate, there’s one whose isn’t: the 2015 Arctic Cat Wildcat 4X Limited.
No, the Arctic Cat Wildcat 4X Limited can’t make you steaming cups of hot cocoa or freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, but it can take you places you’ve never been. Brimming with style and off-road innovation, this Arctic Cat four-wheeler knows no terrain limits. It has the most travel on the market and features adjustable shocks that make extreme rock crawling and desert whoops a piece of cake (Santa likey).
Video Source: At Your Leisure YouTube
Arctic Cat Wildcat 4X Limited Features
For this Wildcat, let's start at the bottom and work our way up. The TP Blackwater Evolution tires on this Arctic quad are some serious business, featuring an “innovative non-directional design” that promotes both traction and handling. Additionally, the rubber compound these Blackwaters are made of offers exceptional wear and abrasion resistance. Durability? Check. Reliability? Double check.
Photo Source: TopSpeed
As for suspension and ground clearance, riding the Arctic Cat Wildcat 4X Limited is basically like manning a hovercraft, according to UTV Auction Magazine. Trail debris is negligible, and 17-plus inches of travel makes places like the Moab Desert your oyster. Plus, the Wildcat promises first dibs on the pearl with its EPS capabilities as well as 90+ horsepower courtesy of a fuel-injected (EFI) four-stroke V-twin engine.
Finally, adjustable tilt steering allows riders to put the steering wheel exactly where they want, ensuring comfort and confidence in any landscape, while four removable bucket seats, a cargo box that stores up to 300 lbs, and a one-piece molded roof top off this majestic four-wheeled toboggan.
Photo Source: TopSpeed
2015 Arctic Cat Wildcat 4X Limited Specs
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, 8-valve, SOHC, 4-stroke V-twin
- Displacement: 951cc
- Bore x Stroke: 92.0 mm x 71.6 mm
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Transmission Type: Continuously Variable (CVT)
- Primary Drive (front wheel): Shaft
- Reverse: Yes
- Front Tire (Full Spec): ITP Blackwater Evolution at 27 X 9-14
- Rear Tire (Full Spec): ITP Blackwater Evolution at 27 X 11-14
- Front Brake Type: Hydraulic disc with dual-piston caliper
- Rear Brake Type: Hydraulic disc
- Suspension, Front: Double A-Arm / 17 in.
- Suspension, Rear: 5-Link Trailing Arm / 18 in.
- L x W x H: 157.0 in x 64.0 in. x 71.5 in.
- Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 124 in.
- Dry Weight: 1591 lbs
- Fuel Capacity: 8.8 gal
- Number of Seats: 4
- Driveline Type: Selectable 2/4 WD + Electronic Front Differential Lock
- Number of Driveline Modes: 2
- Differential Lock: Standard
- Power Steering: Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
Bottom line: Adventure-seekers are guaranteed the ride of a lifetime with the 2015 Arctic Cat Wildcat 4X Limited. And what’s better, you can bring the whole family along!
Think there’s an ATV out there that can outdo an Arctic Cat ATV?
Note: RumbleOn is an Amazon Affiliate, dedicated to reviewing the best and safest gear and more, for riders everywhere. We may receive commissions if products are purchased from them.